My second attempt at making Sarah's headpiece from the ball scene of the movie "Labyrinth."
This time around, I used 18 gauge aluminum wire instead of 24 gauge beading wire for the skeleton of the piece. The aluminum wire I used is not only thicker, but it is more malleable and it worked better in terms of keeping the shape of the headpiece. I also made the whole thing one piece instead of three separate pieces. I used hot glue as I did before, employing screencaps from the movie as references for the shape and design. I used chrome spray paint this time around as opposed to silver acrylic paint last time because the spray paint was shinier and more metallic than the paint, and it was easier to apply even coats. I used two different sizes of acrylic rhinestones this time, and I added more flowers and leaves than the other one. Overall, I feel that this piece is more authentic in terms of the movie, and I love how this one turned out with the different-sized rhinestones!
View original headpiece here.
Labyrinth © Froud, Henson, Lucas, Bowie, and Connelly
NOW FOR SALE ON ETSY! I have two of these made, both from this style. www.etsy.com/listing/105511336/labyrinthine-headpiece